OmniCore Designs wanted to design a truly great sleeping bag. A bag not utilizing all of it's technical features for the singular focus of weight reduction but one equally obsessed with comfort. The M-3D line of sleeping bags is our first foray into the world of Technical Comfort.
The M-3D Sleeping Bag is powered by our innovative Multi-Down technology. We’ve used our proprietary Stratusloft in the outermost top and bottom layers to maximize warmth insulating performance in wet conditions. In the layer closest to your body, we’ve utilized the amazing heat trapping ability of the all-natural 650-Fill-Power Down.
Another key feature designed just for you is 3-D Box Design. The 3D Box Construction allows you to move throughout the night while ensuring the Insulation can keep you warm. Stuffing a 3-dimensional object (humans) into a 2-dimensional structure (most sleeping bags) will cause area's of the insulation to become too compressed, minimizing it's ability to work effectively. By adding 6" sidewalls along the entire bag we've mimic'd the 3D structure that works so well in down clusters, allowing the insulation the necessary room to work it's magic!
The 75 Denier DWR-treated Polyester Ripstop repel water when a rainstorm or the morning dew strikes. A zipper on each side of the bag makes escape easy for either of you, and the built-in pillow pocket lets you stuff a fleece in there in case one of you forget your pillow.
- TRUE SPECS: we use independent 3rd party testing labs to validate the -10℉ / -23.3℃ conforms to the European Standard (EN13537)
- INNOVATIVE WARMTH: Using a Mulit-Down Insulation combines the benefits of 650-Fill-Power-Duck Down strategically layered with our proprietary StratusLoft fill
- SHAPE MATTERS: our 3D Box Construction allows you and your love ones to move throughout the night while ensuring the Insulation can keep you warm. The hooded mummy design keeps your head warm by trapping heat trying to escape from your head
- ULTRA DURABLE & WEATHER RESISTANT: 75-denier Diamond Ripstop (DWR) Shell keeps you dry
- SLEEP COMFORTABLY: Pillow Pocket allows you to stuff clothes or keeps the camp pillow (sold separately) in place while the Sleeping Pad Sleeve is designed to keep you from rolling off your pad(s)
- TECHNICAL DESIGN: Draft tubes, collars and baffles to trap the warm air in and keep cold air out
- STAY ORGANIZED: Stash Pockets: (2) internal mesh and (3) zipper external keeps things organized and always close by
- ACCESSORIES: Compression sack to keep the bag small for ease of transport. Storage sack included to let the down breathe and keep its insulating properties
Specs & Sizing:
- Shape: 3-D Hooded Rectangular
- Temperature Rating: (EN Lower Limit): -10℉ / -23.3℃
- Insulation Fill: 650-Fill-Power Duck Down + StratusLoft™ 100 g/m²
- Shell: 75-denier Diamond Ripstop Polyester
- Liner: 50-denier Brushed Polyester
- Zipper: YKK #5 / Right Hand Zip
- Size / Fits Up To:
- Regular: 33" x 80" - Fits Up To 6'2" / 188 cm
- XL: 40" x 87" - Fits Up To 6'8" / 203 cm
- Regular: 5.16 lbs / 2.34 kgs / 82.5 oz
- XL: 5.97 lbs / 2.71 kgs / 95.5 oz
Multi-Down Insulation Fill:
Why? Trying to balance the Pro's and Con's of down vs. synthetic fill is the never ending debate of the outdoor world. While there isn't an exact answer, in short: Typically Down is Warmer but Synthetic performs better in Wet Conditions.
So we asked ourselves - Why not use both! By using both we're maximizing the benefits of both materials while aiming to limit their imperfections
How? The M-3D's outermost top and bottom layers uses StratusLoft to maximize it's performance in wet conditions. The 650-Fill-Power Down uses it's amazing heat trapping ability in the layer closest to your body. A win/win!
3-D Box Construction:
Why? A sleeping bag works by trapping air around the sleeper which then is heated by the body's metabolism. Looking to nature where Duck and Goose Down is ounce for ounce the best insulator, the secret comes down to space. The 3D structure of the down clusters that allows it the necessary "loft" to trap air.
How? Stuffing a 3-dimensional object (humans) into a 2-dimensional structure (most sleeping bags) will cause area's of the insulation to become too compressed, minimizing it's ability to work effectively. By adding 6" sidewalls along the entire bag we've mimic'd the 3D structure that works so well in down clusters, allowing the insulation the necessary room to work it's magic!